Jerry & Amy Smith
Biblical Ministries Worldwide
"IMPACT THROUGH INTERCESSION.”
The cooler fall weather is very welcome here in our part of Georgia, and our deck is getting a lot of use. Amy loves to decorate our home for fall and actually decorated the end of August. That way we get to enjoy them until after Thanksgiving. Then the Christmas decorations will appear! We loved having some friends stay with us this month and are glad we have two guest rooms.
The golf retreat was our big project for September and happened September 12-16. Thank you for praying for good weather—it was just about perfect. Seven men came from out of town and seven local men played every day with a few others joining for one day. Everyone talked about how much they enjoyed the fellowship on the golf course and during the evening devotional times. Two of the wives came along this year and Amy took them shopping and on a day trip to Dahlonega, Georgia.
Jerry continues to teach lessons on leadership at Lunch with a Purpose once a month. He will probably take a break after December and plan to do another one next year, either at this restaurant or at another location. He enjoys opportunities to do discipleship and spend time with men each week.
The last week of September we took a vacation in east Tennessee. We stayed in a lovely cabin not far from Gatlinburg. Some special friends joined us, and we had a wonderful, relaxing time. One day we drove through Cades Cove and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and old cabins that have been preserved from the 1800’s. We also spotted two black bears! The rest of the time we played games, worked puzzles, read, visited and relaxed. We are so thankful for friends who provided this beautiful vacation home for us to enjoy.
Thanks for praying for our granddaughter, Aimee. She is slowly recovering, and just went back to work three days a week, but still has a long road ahead of her. Jerry had a PET scan yesterday, but hasn’t had a report on it yet. He will be having some pre-cataract surgery appointments this month as he gets ready for eye surgery in November.
Our October schedule is listed below. Since we are a little late getting our update out, we have already had the neighborhood picnic and IFCA regional. The picnic was well attended and several neighbors came for the first time. Everyone stayed around and visited, getting to know one another better. The IFCA regional was one of the best we have had, but we will report more on that next month.
Thanks for your encouragement and prayers,
Jerry and Amy
SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER
01 Neighborhood Picnic
03-04 Atlantic-Southeast IFCA Regional, Dacula, GA
05 PET Scan (Jerry)
07 Appointment w/eye surgeon
15-16 Chelsea Bible Church, Chelsea, AL
17 Appointment w/oncologist
21-29 Vacation in Branson, MO
SOME ITEMS FOR PRAISE
1) Aimee is making progress in her recovery
2) For a relaxing few days away in the mountains
3) For a good neighborhood picnic with new contacts
4) For good weather for a great golf retreat
5) For faithfulness of our supporting churches and individuals
6) That Jerry’s reports from oncology continue to be good
7) For growing relationships in our church and community
8) For our Prayer Force who faithfully pray for us
9) For God’s faithfulness and strength day by day
10) For some encouraging times with family
SOME ITEMS FOR PRAYER
1) Pray for two friends, Gloria & Willeen, who just lost their husbands
2) Pray for a good service at Chelsea Bible Church on the 16th
3) Pray for Leaders Lunches the rest of the year
4) Pray for the men that Jerry is discipling
5) Pray for new missionary appointees as they seek to build a support team
6) Pray for granddaughter, Aimee, to find a good person to share her home
7) Pray for God to provide 20 team members for our work in Indonesia
8) Pray for safety of our missionaries around the world
9) Pray for family members who need to be saved & follow Christ
10) Pray our health would continue to be good so we can be involved in ministry
11) Pray for a good visit with family in Branson & safety as we drive there
12) Pray for our friend, Rick, who is having health problems